Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday, Monday...

Well today has been very eventful.  I am happy to say that I actually packed and am ready for our trip and was done before 5pm.  Anyone who knows me, knows this is NOT the usual.  I am last minute because I try to leave the house spotless (laundry, cleaning, towels, sheets, the works)!!!

I am also excited because Amiyah has done so much today.  First, it was a highlight to see her accomplished face as she showed Daddy how to draw on her newly painted chalk board/easel!  It was so adorable.  Yay for chalkboard paint!!!!

Next, she actually went potty after telling me she had to go.  She is only 17 1/2 months so this is a big deal. We have been casually working with her just to get her use to the concept and it is working!!!! Can we say that I am one proud and very excited Mommy. :0)

The last thing today was how she really recognizes things and is using words to show it.  We usually watch Nick Jr or PBS shows and I like to scan the guide first to see what shows are on.  Our TV allows you to see what channel you have selected in a little box on the bottom of the screen.  Well, today when I did this she said, "Wubbzy and George!"  I couldn't believe it.  She actually knows the names of characters.  It seems like time is flying and I have no control; a truly bittersweet reality for us.

Well, that's about it for today.

Happy Monday!

1 comment: