Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Hump Day!!

It's been a while but I am sticking with this.  So much has happened since I last blogged and honestly I have no idea where to start.  Amiyah and I got to visit with my Godmother in NC and had a wonderful time... and it didn't hurt that we were missed!!  While there, she made friends with Bailey; a small dog whose name she can't seem to quit calling. "Bailey, Bailey!!!" It's really cute because she is afraid of animals and it was nice to finally see her touching a dog and being at ease.

Moving on, I have to post about the funniest thing.  Last week sometime, we're all in the kitchen and my husband is sniffing around saying, "Something smells old!!! Do you smell that; it's an old smell?"  Now I have to say, I am laughing as I am typing because it was hilarious.  Usually I am the one with the nose of a bloodhound and any little scent sets me off...back to the story, so he continues sniffing and searching and finally I join in and together we figure out that it's Amiyah.  Old smell, really????? All I could do was laugh and send them upstairs to the diaper genie.

So, one last thing.  I must say that I am very proud of my baby girl.  She is now 18 months and everyday seems to bring something new.  Lately, her language skills are blossoming.  Words that I had no idea she could utter are being used.  I sometimes don't know if I should be happy or worried or a little bit of both.  (She is quite the talker and I fear the day when she "really" is able to hold a conversation)

That's it for now.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment